Highlighting multiple ZIP codes on Google Maps isn’t a built-in feature, but you can achieve this using Google Maps “My Maps” feature or by utilizing third-party tools. Here’s a step-by-step guide using “My Maps”:
Using Google My Maps:
- Open Google My Maps: Go to the Google My Maps website and sign in with your Google account.
- Create a New Map: Click on “Create a New Map.”
- Search for a ZIP Code: Use the search bar to enter a ZIP code you want to highlight.
- Draw a Shape: After searching for the ZIP code, it usually appears bordered on the map. To highlight this area:
- Click on the “Draw a line” tool (it looks like a pencil).
- Select “Add line or shape.”
- Manually draw around the ZIP code area. Close the shape by connecting your last point to the first point.
- Customize the Shape: Once the shape is drawn, you can customize its color, opacity, and other attributes by clicking on the shape and using the style options.
- Repeat for Multiple ZIP Codes: Repeat steps 3 to 5 for every ZIP code you want to highlight.
- Name & Save Your Map: Click on “Untitled map” at the top to give your map a name and description. Then, click “Save.”
Remember, manually drawing ZIP code areas might not be precise. If you need accurate ZIP code boundaries, consider using specialized mapping tools or services that provide ZIP code layer functionality.
Using Third-Party Tools:
Various third-party websites and tools available online provide ZIP code boundary mapping. Some allow you to highlight or color code multiple ZIP codes and then generate a map that can be embedded or shared. Always use reputable services and be cautious about sharing sensitive information.